In our recent posts, we discussed the most classic songs about truck driving and industry standards for drug and alcohol screening. Read more about these topics below. To begin your career as a commercial driver, contact HDS Truck Driving Institute in Tucson (520) 622-0419 or Phoenix (602) 484-7901.
· The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) offers a helpful brochure about drug and alcohol regulations and testing for commercial drivers.
· Here is an article providing a brief overview of drug testing requirements for truck drivers.
· Visit The Bureau of Labor Statistics to view national data about employment rates and average wages for commercial drivers.
· Add more great music to your playlist with this countdown of country songs about trucking.
· The Department of Transportation (DOT) shares an employee handbook covering what drivers need to know about drug and alcohol screening.
The commercial truck driving industry celebrates its sense of community and the trucking lifestyle through CB radio slang and trucking-inspired music. We’ve covered both of these topics in our recent blog posts. Now get the top five country trucking songs as selected by Haleigh T, a regular YouTube.com host for Country Music News Blog.
Haleigh’s picks include the classic 1975 tune “Convoy,” by C.W. McCall, which hit No. 1 on the country and popular music charts. One of her more recent picks is Garth Brook’s “Papa Loved Mama.” This 1992 single made it to No. 3 on the country charts. Brooks sings about the tragic story of life on the road and a love lost. Watch the full video to hear Haleigh’s other picks.
Get on the road to a career as a professional truck driver. HDS Truck Driving Institute offers the preparation and career placement you need to be successful. Call us today at (602) 484-7901 in Phoenix and (520) 622-0419 in Tucson.