Military and Veteran BenefitsssYuma Truck Driving School is accepting GI Bill® educational benefits. Training will be at our Yuma training location at 3180 E. 32nd Street, Yuma, AZ 85365. Qualified veterans can now use the GI Bill® to obtain the necessary qualifications and certifications for quality and stable employment opportunities in the transportation industry.
- Approved SkillBridge Training Program
- The Department of Defense SkillBridge Program allows active duty service members who are within 180 days of separation or retirement the opportunity to attend one of our training programs.
- Upon command approval the service member, while still on active duty, will be able to attend training on orders.
- This allows the service member to focus on the training being provided and allows for a smoother reintegration process.
- SkillBridge Requirements:
- Be within 180 days of separation at the start of the program
- Have Command Approval (Military Branch Specific)
- Anticipated Honorable or General under Honorable Conditions Discharge
Please contact our local schools’ Admissions Representative for more details.
GI Bill® Educational Benefits
- Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30)
Qualified veterans can collect a monthly subsistence payment. Eligibility lasts for 10 years after separation.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®
Qualified veterans can receive up to $18,077.50 in tuition assistance annually (Aug 1 – July 31). Eligibility lasts for 15 years after separation. May be transferred to spouse or children if the veteran meets specific requirements.
- GI Bill® benefits provide living expenses directly to the veteran while in school.
Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- You may be qualified if you were injured while in the military
Guard and Reserve Members
- You may be eligible for the GI Bill®
- You may qualify for state military educational benefits
Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Spouses and dependent children ages 18-26 of deceased or 100% disabled veterans are eligible for educational assistance if the veteran’s death or disability was service connected.
Spouses of Active Duty Personnel
- MyCAA (Military Spouse Program)
- Eligible military spouses may receive up to $4,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) that can help them pursue education, training, licenses, certificates, and degrees leading to employment.
- More detailed information can be found here: https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/
Yuma Truck Driving School’s Veteran Drive Program Highlights
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with all endorsements (Hazardous Materials, Doubles/Triples, Tank, and Passenger)
- Driver refresher courses
- Nationally recognized truck driver training
- Letters of pre-hire from employers, if desired
- Hands-on, over-the-road training, and instruction
- Flexible day, evening, and weekend training schedules from 4 – 15 weeks depending on student availability
- Classes start bi-weekly (usually every other Monday)
- Available paid on-the-job training/externship for those who qualify
- Individualized student support including lifetime nationwide job placement assistance
Want to learn more? Call (888) 647-3239 to speak to an Admissions Representative or use the form below.